From: David L Cassell on
psibara(a)GMAIL.COM wrote:

>Hi SAS Gurus,
>
>Has anyone ever encountered a SAS error of this sort?
>
>This occured whilst a data step merge was executing.
>
>NB: I'm using the SPDE engine...
>
>data X;
>merge W(in=a) Z(in=b);
>by c;
>if b then delete;
>run;
>
>this is the resultant error message: 'error in hpcread 131.'

Could you write back and enclose the relevant 10 or 20 lines
out of your log? I can't figure out what the problem is from
what you wrote.

In particular, what you wrote is *not* the form of a SAS
error message, and it is not a standard SAS error citation.
Could one of your files 'W' and 'Z' be coming from an external
database or data source?

HTH,
David
--