From: roman.filipenko on
Is there a way to run SAS for Windows from a shared drive? E.g. if I
have SAS installed on drive R: (a network drive), how do I modify
SASV9.CFG to run SAS? I am getting the error that states "UNABLE TO
OPEN/READ MESSAGE FILE USING THE -MSG PATHS" when I try to run a SAS in
the batch mode (i.e. from a command prompt with a -SYSIN and -CONFIG
options). I changed my SAS config file to point to the correct location
on R:, so I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks in advance.
Roman

From: My Bad on
Hi Roman,

Your configuration should be modified so the following options include the
full server path. Its good to include the server name in case some users
have their drives mapped differently.

-SET sasext0 "\\server\Apps\SAS9\sas"

-SET sasroot "\\server\Apps\SAS9\sas"

-SET sasext1 "\\server\Apps\SAS9\sas\nls"

/* Setup the SAS System configuration folder */
-SET SASCFG "\\server\Apps\SAS9\sas\nls\en"

Tim

From: roman.filipenko@gmail.com on
Tim,

This is essentially what I had, except that my network paths were
mapped to a drive. I tried this with the network paths as you suggested
but got the same error. I am wondering if this has something to do with
the spaces in the path, i.e. \\svr_name\program files\sas\9.0\ etc...
but it runs fine on the "svr_name" machine. Will try to change that
and let you know.

I also thought this could be due to different versions of Windows (say,
Win XP Pro vs. Win 2000 Server) but this is not the case as both
"source" and "target" machines are running Windows 2000 workstation.

Thank you for your reply!
Roman

Pages: 1
Prev: ODS Markup ExcelXP