From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Do you mean Gantt Chart Tools > Format > Outline Number (in the top right
of the ribbon)?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Dale Howard [MVP] on
Robert --

From your question, I assume you are seeing the outline number, such as
1.2.3, to the left of each task name. Assuming this is the case, click the
Format tab and then deselect the Outline Number checkbox in the Show/Hide
section of the Format ribbon. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services