From: Mr. Magic. Mr. on
My customers want to be able to display a PowerPoint presentation with having
PowerPoint on the destination machine (the file get's distributed). So I'm
looking at some way to convert the file to a different format that doesn't
require PP. We don't want to have the customer have to do any kind of
conversion so I'm looking to have them upload the file to our server and then
do a conversion there.

Any suggestions? I can't find any product that will convert to Flash or
Video that I can run on a server - they all seem to be stand alone programs
or PP add ins.

TIA - Jeff.
From: Gordon on

"Mr. Magic." <Mr. Magic.(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My customers want to be able to display a PowerPoint presentation with
> having
> PowerPoint on the destination machine (the file get's distributed). So I'm
> looking at some way to convert the file to a different format that doesn't
> require PP. We don't want to have the customer have to do any kind of
> conversion so I'm looking to have them upload the file to our server and
> then
> do a conversion there.
>
> Any suggestions? I can't find any product that will convert to Flash or
> Video that I can run on a server - they all seem to be stand alone
> programs
> or PP add ins.
>
> TIA - Jeff.

There's the PowerPoint Viewer - no conversion needed.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=048DC840-14E1-467D-8DCA-19D2A8FD7485&displaylang=en

From: Mr. Magic Mr. on
I can't use the previewer because I need to not have it run full screen (it's
part of a product I'm developing.)

From: Ronsky on
PowerPoint 2010 for Windows can save presentation as a WMV file. PPT
for Mac can save a Quicktime.
If you don't have those, then there are a few "screen capture" apps
that might help you.
Snagit or Camtasia by Techsmith
Replay Video Capture