From: Paulo Oliveira on
Hi all,

What the best way to distribute sqlexpress with my app using inno
setup.
In my search i found some information about this, but i need some
advices, like how to create my database.

TIA
Paulo Oliveira
From: Geoff Schaller on
Paulo,

I cannot help you with Inno Setup exactly (I use Advanced Installer) but
I can tell you what Inno should do. Essentially you need to supply the
MS installer but execute it with a command line. I am sure Inno can do
this. You supply the version you want:

Basic, With tools or advanced - 32 or 64 bit.
65MB - 220MB and 550MB (the size of each version)

You launch this msi at the appropriate point with a command line that
they describe in detail. Here for example is the command line we use. It
sets and instance name, suppresses most dialogs, sets reporting services
and tools and a few other things:

/QS /ACTION=Install /FEATURES=SQL,RS,Tools /INSTANCENAME=CRAFTSMAN
/HIDECONSOLE=0 /ENABLERANU=1 /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE=Automatic
/SECURITYMODE=SQL /SAPWD=abc123@ /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT Authority\System"
/RSSVCACCOUNT="NT Authority\System" /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="Administrator"
/NPENABLED=1 /TCPENABLED=1 /BROWSERSVCSTARTUPTYPE=Automatic

For full instructions go here:

Cheers,

Geoff