From: Jethro Pull on
I have changed my distribution list, saved it and updated it.

Nevertheless, when I enter the name of the list, the old members of the
list show up. It's as if I had two address books, a new and an old.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
From: Russ Valentine on
We can only guess since you failed to tell us how you are selecting this DL
as a recipient. I would guess you failed to delete the entry for this DL
from your autocompletion cache.
--
Russ Valentine

From: Jethro Pull on
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
OK, now let's see ... the very busy Dr. Valentine wants to know how I
selected this DL (Distribution List) as a recipient. Lemme see ... I
wanted to send an E-mail so I selected "New" and then made very certain
that I indicated it was an E-mail I wanted to send. So I then was
presented with a message window which had a lot of fields to fill in
one of which was the "To" field. So I carefully placed my curser in
the&nbsp; <br>
"To" field and entered the name of my newly created DL. I noticed as I
typed that there were a number of selections available as I typed as
Outlook was trying to guess ahead of time what I was going to enter
but, being the very detail oriented person that I am, selected only the
newly created DL and voila! there it was! Just to check, I clicked on
the little "plus" at the left of the newly created and selected DL just
to check, mind you, that the entries were correct. They were not.
Outlook, apparently has no more patience with me than the very busy Dr.
Valentine who failed to tell me how to find the autocompletion cache.
He's very busy, I guess.<br>
On 4/3/2010 2:34 PM, Russ Valentine wrote:
style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;" lang="x-western">We
can only guess since you failed to tell us how you are selecting this
DL as a recipient. I would guess you failed to delete the entry for
this DL from your autocompletion cache.
"Jethro Pull" <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:jpull(a)hotmail.com">&lt;jpull(a)hotmail.com&gt;</a> wrote in
message <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="news:0pLtn.304808$OX4.237082(a)newsfe25.iad">news:0pLtn.304808$OX4.237082(a)newsfe25.iad</a>...
my distribution list, saved it and updated it.
Nevertheless, when I enter the name of the list, the old members of the
list show up. It's as if I had two address books, a new and an old.
Any suggestions?
Thanks. </blockquote>
From: Russ Valentine on
When you update a DL, its entry in the autocompletion cache does not get
updated. Since you used autocompletion to select your recipient instead of
selecting from your Contacts Folder, you got the old version. Had you
selected your updated DL, all would have been fine.
As always, we can't know what you don't tell us. I had now way of knowing
you didn't know how to remove an entry from the autocompletion cache since
those instructions have appeared here hundreds of times. Here they are
again:
Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623