From: pixel_a_ted on
Is there a way to divide all the grey levels in an image by a constant
(not necessarily integer) value? I'm using CS2.

Thanks.
From: Mike Russell on
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:25:38 -0800 (PST), pixel_a_ted wrote:

> Is there a way to divide all the grey levels in an image by a constant
> (not necessarily integer) value? I'm using CS2.
>
> Thanks.

put the image over a black background, and adjust the transparency. You
may want to convert to gamma 1.0 during the divide operation.

The gimp is free, and supports an actual layer divide mode.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: pixel_a_ted on
On Mar 12, 11:44 am, Mike Russell <group...(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com>
wrote:
> put the image over a black background, and adjust the transparency.  You
> may want to convert to gamma 1.0 during the divide operation.

Great suggestion that should do exactly what I need.

> The gimp is free, and supports an actual layer divide mode.

I have gimp and will check that out also.

Thanks.