From: james on
In CS2 there's a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move the
corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window,
when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.

In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista os)
doesn't allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how to
get this feature back?

From: Mike Russell on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:02:44 -0700, james wrote:

> In CS2 there's a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move the
> corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window,
> when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.
>
> In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista os)
> doesn't allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how to
> get this feature back?

Press the space bar and use the hand to drag the main image in the main
window.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: james on
>> In CS2 there's a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move
>> the
>> corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window,
>> when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.
>>
>> In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista
>> os)
>> doesn't allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how
>> get this feature back?
>
> Press the space bar and use the hand to drag the main image in the main
> window.

Works! I wonder why they disable this feature in the navigator window.
Thanks.

From: Mike Russell on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:01:58 -0700, james wrote:

>>> In CS2 there's a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move
>>> the
>>> corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window,
>>> when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.
>>>
>>> In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista
>>> os)
>>> doesn't allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how
>>> get this feature back?
>>
>> Press the space bar and use the hand to drag the main image in the main
>> window.
>
> Works! I wonder why they disable this feature in the navigator window.
> Thanks.

It's never any fun to have a feature you are used to removed or changed.
Sometimes Adobe seems to do these things just because they can. I still
don't like having to reach further for some of the keyboard shortcuts.

I'm guessing, but it is probably because Adobe did a complete
re-implementation of the image drag functionality, adding things like
rotate canvas. In adding these features, they did mot pay attention to the
navigator.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com