From: BenEl via AccessMonster.com on
It's producing the same results. If the PositionID is in the table (even
attached to another CandidateID), it brings back that message box. The only
time it doesn't is if the PositionID is not yet in the table attached to ANY
CandidateID.

Any other ideas?

From: ruralguy via AccessMonster.com on
It should *only* return a PositionID when BOTH the PositionID AND the
CandidateID for that record match. You may have overlooked something in the
implementation.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

From: BenEl via AccessMonster.com on
What could I have overlooked? I spent a long time trying to figure that out
and can't seem to see anything. Any clue?

From: ruralguy via AccessMonster.com on
Copy and paste *exactly* what you have into a post here.

From: BenEl via AccessMonster.com on
Private Sub Confirm_Click()

If IsNull(DLookup("[PositionID]", "MT_Job_Candidates", "[PositionID] = " & Me.
SelectJob & " AND [CandidateID] = " & Me.CandidateID)) Then
MsgBox "This position is already attached to this candidate. Please choose
another position.", vbOKOnly

End Sub

ruralguy wrote:
>Copy and paste *exactly* what you have into a post here.
>
>>What could I have overlooked? I spent a long time trying to figure that out
>>and can't seem to see anything. Any clue?
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: record Locking multi user