From: jones on
On May 16, 8:18 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "jones" <till...(a)yahoo.com>
>
> | I use McAfee and it is updated on a regular basis.  I ran a full scan
> | when this was happening and it showed no problems.
> | Afterwards, when I was sitting here thinking, the av program went red
> | in several places, stating that I had lost protection and
> | did I want it fixed.  I clicked ok and then a message came up saying
> | that it was unable to complete the job.  But, the problem
> | appears to have cleared up-for now.  Hopefully, for good!  I would
> | like to understand what is going on and that is why I posted.
> | It could be something that I am not used to in W7, that would be very
> | interesting-especially after formatting the HD to get rid of it.  :)
> | Thanks again.  Jones.
>
> McAfee just isn't that good anymore and stating "the av program went red in several
> places, stating that I had lost protection and did I want it fixed"  doesn'r really help.
> :-(
>
> Download, install, update and then execute, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malwarehttp://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe
>
> --
> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

I scanned my system with Malwarebytes' and nothing was found. Maybe
McAfee fixed it. What I meant was regarding the red- the warning
that I had
lost protection, was written in red letters. The last time I had this
problem there was no stopping it. I had to reinstall W7 to get it to
stop. Thanks much,
Jones.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "jones" <till_00(a)yahoo.com>

| I scanned my system with Malwarebytes' and nothing was found. Maybe
| McAfee fixed it. What I meant was regarding the red- the warning
| that I had
| lost protection, was written in red letters. The last time I had this
| problem there was no stopping it. I had to reinstall W7 to get it to
| stop. Thanks much,
| Jones.

Next time it happens, grab a screenshot. Post that screnshot to a web site and reply to
this thread with a URL pointing to that screeshot.

--
Dave