From: Ian Collins on
On 04/ 9/10 11:04 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> "Ian Collins"<ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 04/ 9/10 01:34 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:\
>>>
>>> I have to top post whenever I am replying to someone that
>>> some how turns quoting off, or there would be no way to
>>> tell
>>> who is saying what.
>>
>> No, you don't. As I told you a week or so ago, you have
>> to fix your client. It is broken. The fix is well known
>> (well there are two, the other is to use a better client,
>> especially on a Unix group!).
>>

> I don't have time to mess with this.

You'll soon find people don't have time to untangle your posts. There's
plenty of outlook users who have had the decency to apply the fix once
it is pointed out to them.

--
Ian Collins
From: Moi on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:04:05 -0500, Peter Olcott wrote:

> "Ian Collins" <ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 04/ 9/10 01:34 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:\
>>>
>>> I have to top post whenever I am replying to someone that some how
>>> turns quoting off, or there would be no way to tell
>>> who is saying what.
>>
>> No, you don't. As I told you a week or so ago, you have to fix your
>> client. It is broken. The fix is well known (well there are two, the
>> other is to use a better client, especially on a Unix group!).
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins
>
> I don't have time to mess with this.

Time to plonk, I guess.

AvK
From: Peter Olcott on

> On 04/ 9/10 11:04 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> "Ian Collins"<ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> No, you don't. As I told you a week or so ago, you have
>>> to fix your client. It is broken. The fix is well
>>> known
>>> (well there are two, the other is to use a better
>>> client,
>>> especially on a Unix group!).
>>>

>> I don't have time to mess with this.
>
> You'll soon find people don't have time to untangle your
> posts. There's plenty of outlook users who have had the
> decency to apply the fix once it is pointed out to them.
>
> --
> Ian Collins

If you want to provide the exact link that will solve the
problem I will look in to it.

google[outlook quote fix] produced too many different kinds
of solutions to too many different kinds of problems.

From: Ian Collins on
On 04/ 9/10 11:39 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> "Ian Collins"<ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You'll soon find people don't have time to untangle your
>> posts. There's plenty of outlook users who have had the
>> decency to apply the fix once it is pointed out to them.
>>
> If you want to provide the exact link that will solve the
> problem I will look in to it.

I've never had to suffer outlook, and given this group's topic you
probably won't find many users here. http://jump.to/outlook-quotefix
looks promising.

--
Ian Collins
From: Peter Olcott on

> On 04/ 9/10 11:39 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> "Ian Collins"<ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You'll soon find people don't have time to untangle your
>>> posts. There's plenty of outlook users who have had the
>>> decency to apply the fix once it is pointed out to them.
>>>
>> If you want to provide the exact link that will solve the
>> problem I will look in to it.
>
> I've never had to suffer outlook, and given this group's
> topic you probably won't find many users here.
> http://jump.to/outlook-quotefix looks promising.
>
> --
> Ian Collins

OK it is installed, hopefully it isn't malware or a virus.