From: Rainer Weikusat on
David Schwartz <davids(a)webmaster.com> writes:
> On Apr 8, 2:44�pm, "Ersek, Laszlo" <la...(a)caesar.elte.hu> wrote:

[...]

>> For the likely case of all my examples being epic failures, please note
>> that the inability to provide any counterexample for conjecture C doesn't
>> render conjecture C theorem T, that is, it doesn't prove it.
>
> The argument that something is not possible requires as evidence more
> than a list of easy to solve problems that thing creates.

There is no observable difference between a library which doesn't
create its own threads and one which does so, but ensures that a
program using the libary is not affected by this. But then, the
library isn't 'creating threads' in the way an application might but
doing something implementation-dependent which can be regarded as
similar for some reason.