From: finster26 on
I am not sure what is wrong with the statement:

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO CaseAddresses ( [Address] ) VALUES
(Forms![AddressManager].Form![cmbAddress]![Column(2)])", -1

I have a combo box and I am trying to take the value from column 2 of the
combobox and have it enter as a new record in the CaseAddresses table in
field Address. It adds a new record but it's blank in the Address field. I
have the correct column.
From: Douglas J. Steele on
The reference to the control has to be outside of the quotes.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele