From: Dorian on
What would cause the following:
I execute
DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[TicketNo] = " & Me!GetTicket
and get an error:
Enter Parameter Value
TicketNo
Error looks like I'm executing a query and it is prompting for a parameter
Me!GetTicket should have a valid value in it
I appear to be positioned on the 'Autonum' row.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Dorian" <Dorian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What would cause the following:
> I execute
> DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[TicketNo] = " & Me!GetTicket
> and get an error:
> Enter Parameter Value
> TicketNo
> Error looks like I'm executing a query and it is prompting for a parameter
> Me!GetTicket should have a valid value in it
> I appear to be positioned on the 'Autonum' row.

If it's prompting you for TicketNo, then TicketNo is the name that it
doesn't recognize. Is that actually the name of a field in the form's
recordsource? If it is the name of a control on the form, but the field in
the recordsource has a different name, it won't be recognized.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)