From: colp on
On Jun 24, 10:42 pm, stevendaryl3...(a)yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough)
wrote:

> >> Unless you have such an experiment, we must always consider
> >> the possibility that whatever coordinate system we are using
> >> happens to be the bogus one. So, for practical purposes, we
> >> need a physics that tells how things look from the point of
> >> view of a bogus coordinate system, without knowing what the
> >> preferred coordinate system is.
>
> >Need implies a threat. What is the threat?
>
> That's a bit paranoid.

Not necessarily. Some people are fearful in the face of a threat, some
are not.
Also, the nature of the threat is important, eg fear of starvation
arising from the need for food is only significant when food is
scarce.

Understanding the relationship between need and natural law is
relevant here:

Illud quod alias licitum non est necessitas facit licitum, et
necessitas inducit privilegium quod jure privatur. That which is not
otherwise permitted, necessity allows, and necessity makes a privilege
which supersedes the law. 10 Co. 61.