From: Smiler on

"Alex W." <ingilt(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Smiler" <Smiler(a)Joe.King.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Alex W." <ingilt(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Smiler" <Smiler(a)Joe.King.com> wrote in message

>>> I'd suggest Speckled Hen.
>>> That way, once you have filled the death-trap, you can enjoy the rest
>>> yourself.
>>>

>> I've never acquired the taste for ale. I prefer cider or wine.
>> That may be because, in my youth, I worked in a laboratory where they
>> were extracting the bittering component from hops.
>> Imagine green/black 'Marmite' with the most intense bitter taste you can
>> imagine. Yeuck!
>> I think I may like 'Real' beer...ale without hops... but I've never found
>> anywhere that sells it.
>> Even the 'homebrew' kits have the hop extract already mixed in with the
>> malt :-(
>
> I don't need to imagine Marmite. I eat it every day. God's food. Puts
> hair on your chest.
>
> I'm not sure if it would work with any other alcoholic drink; I suppose
> you could try some sweet wine. Cider is better not wasted on slugs
> (unless it's that commercial abomination Magner's, in which case I'd
> recommend using it to wash your urinal cakes)

Or Autumn Gold...you turn yellow and fall 'out of your tree' :-)

-- much better to drink it yourself. After the
> third pint of scrumpy, you simply won't care about slugs ....

If it's good scrumpy, I don't get as far as the third pint!

A West Country publican once told my father about the Northern 'beer
drinkers' that come to his pub.
They try a pint of scrumpy and say "It tastes nice but it's weak!". After a
few pints, at closing time, they walk into the fresh air and immediately
collapse in a heap on the floor!

> Farmer's markets sometimes have a stall selling real ale and other such
> liquids. Might be worth a look ....

Not the one's round E17.
Sometime the 'French' market has a stall selling French apple juice and
cider, but no beer or ale at any I've been to.

Smiler,
The godless one
a.a.# 2279

From: rbwinn on
On Jun 18, 1:15�pm, "Dogmantic Pyrrhonist (AKA Al)"
<alwh...(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 10:12 pm, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)juno.com> wrote:
>

> > > -
>
> > That is like saying that any honest prediction of the World Trade
> > Center destruction could not have happened before the 11th of
> > September, 2001.
> > Robert B. Winn
>
> No, it's like saying the book everyone chooses to believe predicted it
> was actually written after the event, even though the author claims to
> have written it before. � �And that in the predictions of the
> destruction the idiot mentions sitting in a coffee house in his vision
> that didn't exist until 2008.
>
> Al- Hide quoted text -

Well, I do not even drink coffee, and it seemed likely to me that one
or more of the World Trade Center buildings might be coming down after
an attempt was made to bring one down with a car bomb. I guess you an
I differ on what might be an indicator of a future event.
Robert B. Winn
From: Brian E. Clark on
In article <cc3614a0-e50d-4a79-9922-
1e5bc14371bd(a)d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, rbwinn
said...

> On Jun 15, 9:59 pm, "Dogmantic Pyrrhonist (AKA Al)"
> <alwh...(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > On Jun 15, 12:30 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)juno.com> wrote:

> > > Well, Al, atheists were telling me that there is nothing in existence
> > > that could be shown today that proves anything in the Bible to be
> > > true.
> >
> > No they did not.
> >
> > > So I just mentioned Hezekiah's tunnel, which the Old Testament
> > > in three different books describes as being built to divert the water
> > > from Gihon spring inside the city of Jerusalem during the Assyrian
> > > invasion of Judea.  So, as I take your response, you are joining the
> > > other atheists in saying that the existence of Hezekiah's tunnel is
> > > more a proof that Harry Potter departed from the railroad station in
> > > London than that the Jews diverted water from Gihon spring to the pool
> > > of Siloam during the Assyrian invasion of Judea.
> >
> > Misrepresentation, either deliberate or incredibly retarded
> > interpretation of what has been said.
> >
> > > Well, different groups of people have different beliefs, Al.  I do not
> > > think we should allow ourselves to become contentious over whether
> > > Hezekiah's tunnel exists or whether Harry Potter left from the
> > > railroad station on a train.  I do not believe that Harry Potter left
> > > from the railroad station on a train, but if atheists want to believe
> > > that, I see no reason why they should not be allowed to do so.
> > > Robert B. Winn
> >
> > Your complete disregard for what people actually say marks you as a
> > retard or a bot.
> >
> > Al- Hide quoted text -
>
> Well I have noticed that other atheists get upset when I make fun of
> their "logic".

Of course. It's like Vanilla Ice making fun of Sam
Cooke.

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

From: rbwinn on
On Jun 18, 1:36�pm, "Dogmantic Pyrrhonist (AKA Al)"
<alwh...(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 3:04 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)juno.com> wrote:
>

> > > Al
>
> > Suggest whatever you want to suggest. �So does Hezekiah's tunnel exist
> > or not? �Does the earthen ramp over the city wall at Lachish exist or
> > not?
> > Robert B. Winn
>
> So you won't address the issue that you fabricate strawman arguments
> to argue against, completely ignoring what was actually said?
> Can you explain how you got from being asked "Why does it matter to
> you that the Bible is the best seller? That doesn't make the stories
> in the Bible true." to your answer of "But you say the entire book is
> fiction. �I do not think you have ever read it."?
>
> Al

Well, so you do not want to discuss the Assyrian invasion of Judea.
You seem a little pickey about what you will discuss in the Bible. I
point out two things that do not appear to be fiction, and you want to
change the subject.
Robert B. Winn
From: rbwinn on
On Jun 18, 3:26�pm, "Dogmantic Pyrrhonist (AKA Al)"
<alwh...(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 8:10 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)juno.com> wrote:
>

> > > So we're still in this position:
>
> > > The Bible mentions a tunnel and a ramp that can be seen today. This is
> > > evidence that the sites existed at the time the texts were written. What
> > > additional conclusion could we draw from it?- Hide quoted text -

> > We could draw the conclusion that an atheist was wrong when he said
> > that there is nothing in the Bible that can be proven.
> > Robert B. Winn
>
> We could draw the conclusion you lied about what atheists said so you
> could win an argument with yourself.
>
> Al- Hide quoted text -

You can draw any conclusion you want to draw. What is it supposed to
have to do with me?
Robert B. Winn