From: El Fego Vaca on

I want to upgrade from 2008 to 10 and want to know if I can install the
quick CD version on my present Mandriva partitions. Will it really replace
on boot, /, /usr, ect? Can it be used for a fresh install?

From: Bit Twister on
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 07:58:42 -0800, El Fego Vaca wrote:

> I want to upgrade from 2008 to 10 and want to know if I can install the
> quick CD version on my present Mandriva partitions. Will it really replace
> on boot, /, /usr, ect? Can it be used for a fresh install?

Guessing what you mean by "quick CD version" is the One CD.

There is the One, Free, and Powerpack types, all of which can be used
for a clean/fresh install.

I always pick Custom during the Partition phase, toggle to Expert to
set partition label and the size. Everything ( /user/var/...) is under /.
I then mount other partitions for sharing across different installs.

Want to look through screen shots of a Free/Powerpack install to get a
feel for what you will see:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-mandriva-2010.0-free-x86_64-ispconfig-2

Pages: 1
Prev: Mandrake 10.x - WYSIWYG Html editor?
Next: Grub 2