From: Robbyka Gheo on
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Niel Archer <not(a)chance.now> wrote:

>> > Yes, I have.  The username and password are arbitrarily set since the
>> > management hasn't provided that data for me yet.  But I am not far enough
>> > along to have run into a user rights issue.  I get a warning and also an
>> > error upon interpreting the page.  I have checked the path to the database
>> > file, and it is correct.  I also checked file ownership and readability
>> > permissions, too.  So maybe the name of the driver is wrong; it does look
>> > a little verbose to me, but it did come straight from the php.net online
>> > documentation.
>> >
>> > Error messages and source is below.  Sorry, I modified the domain name in
>> > the path for privacy.
>> >
>> > Warning: odbc_connect() [function.odbc-connect]: SQL error:
>> > [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
>> > driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in
>> > /var/www/www.example.com/ht-secure/database_entry/test.php on line 9
>> >

>> > <?php
>> > $mdbFilename = "/root/tims_db.mde";
>> > $user = "root";
>> > $password = "1248163264";
>> >
>> > $connection = odbc_connect("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
>> > (*.mdb)};Dbq=$mdbFilename", $user, $password);
>> >
>> > ?>
>> >
>> > Thanks for looking this over,
>> >
>> > Tim Legg

>> You've got odbc, but probably not a driver for MS Access.
>>
>> You need both.
>>
>> I can't seem to find a unix driver for MSAccess.
>>
>> Converting to a different DB would help (mysql, sqlite).
>
> I had a similar problem. I had to access (pardon the pun) a very old MS
> Access db. Being on x64 windows ODBC is not an option, so in the end I
> used OpenOffice.org with a java driver to open it and copy data to MySQL.
>
>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling
>>
>> --

> Niel Archer
> niel.archer (at) blueyonder.co.uk

NICE IDE,,,
i think for convert it to xml, and extract the array varaible from
tabel and field to destination place. Better than export this to JAVA,
i feel client will depressed face (imagine: moment at stomach seek,,
heheheh :)) Just kiding ), coz the work procedure is so long,,,
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: DB interface problem
Next: Doc to PDF with mssql