From: RichA on
I think Pentax is the only DSLR maker offering different colours, or
multiple different colours, aside from Panasonic with the micro 4/3rds
stuff.

amateurphotographer:

Women' photographers rescue industry from recession, claims photo
chief

Wednesday 13th January 2010
Chris Cheesman

Women have saved the camera business from succumbing to the effects of
the worldwide recession, claims the head of a Japanese photo industry
association.

Sales tactics used by manufacturers which target digital cameras at
females are responsible for enabling the trade to survive the global
credit crunch, according to Akirou Mitsui, president of the Joint
PhotoImaging Enterprises Association International.

Writing in the trade newsletter, Pen News Weekly, Mitsui stated: 'The
sales tactics targeting women are becoming popular in Japan as well.
In some cases, sales of a shop increased 50% when it was [marketed] to
appeal to female customers.

'A camera manufacturer aiming at female users offers a DSLR model in
100 colours that customers can freely select and order.'

He added: 'The world "camera gal" is already in use and camera
magazines published for women are in existence. The rise of women in
the photo world is already an established social phenomenon and I
personally feel with confidence that women will be the saviours in all
respects.'

Mitsui's comments echo those made by the Photo Marketing Association
(PMA) last summer.

Mitsui quotes a speech made by the PMA's director of research Yukihiko
Matsumoto about the state of the industry in the United States.

Matsumoto said that for the past three years women overtook men in
digital camera purchase and also became the main camera user in the US
household.

'The figures indicated that on all picture-taking occasions women
overpower (sic) men, or should we say that women are the mainstay in
the photo trade,' Mitsui added.

'Further PMA magazines often report… on successful examples of camera
stores designed by women, for women customers, that women
entrepreneurs run.'
From: editor on
On Jan 13, 4:46 pm, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Pentax is the only DSLR maker offering different colours, or
> multiple different colours, aside from Panasonic with the micro 4/3rds
> stuff.

It won't save any second-tier digicam maker once the market saturates
in any given category of digicam. Either you make a first-tier
product or you don't - in any industry; the gun companies doing well
making pink-stocked rifles and shotguns ALREADY were top-tier brands
making top-tier models.

http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!
From: Save $3.99 on

<editor(a)netpath.net> wrote in message
On Jan 13, 4:46 pm, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Pentax is the only DSLR maker offering different colours, or
> multiple different colours, aside from Panasonic with the micro 4/3rds
> stuff.

It won't save any second-tier digicam maker once the market saturates
in any given category of digicam. Either you make a first-tier
product or you don't - in any industry; the gun companies doing well
making pink-stocked rifles and shotguns ALREADY were top-tier brands
making top-tier models.

http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!

http://www.magnumresearch.com/CustomFinishes.asp

Hmmm, a .50 cal Desert Eagle Magnum in Pink, I won't laugh at that!!!