From: Allie on
Hi,
Are there any other repercussions for changeing the domain administrator
password other than services that depend on that password not starting (for
instance, would it cause other problems for Exchange)? I am talking about
the domain admin password that was used during the domain creation.
Thanks a million,
Allie
From: Shenan Stanley on
Allie wrote:
> Are there any other repercussions for changeing the domain
> administrator password other than services that depend on that
> password not starting (for instance, would it cause other problems
> for Exchange)? I am talking about the domain admin password that
> was used during the domain creation.

Any services, scheduled tasks, etc that utilize it will need to be changed.

Otherwise (actually, notwithstanding) you *should* change this and all
domain passwords periodically - and the domain administrator account
password would probably be better very long and complicated and only pulled
out of a locked safe in case of an emergency - using other accounts to
manage your domain with accountability per administrator.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP