From: Mike from Moriches on
Greetings-
This must be easy. I have an input form attached to a file. I have a
command button labeled "Cancel" with an "on-click" event "DoCmd.Close" I
enter some data, but decide not to add the record. I click the Cancel
command button, but the messed up record is inserted into the file. What
command or event do I use to close the form without adding a record?
Thank-you,
Mike

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:34:08 -0400, "Mike from Moriches"
<Mike(a)The-Waterways.org> wrote:

>Greetings-
> This must be easy. I have an input form attached to a file. I have a
>command button labeled "Cancel" with an "on-click" event "DoCmd.Close" I
>enter some data, but decide not to add the record. I click the Cancel
>command button, but the messed up record is inserted into the file. What
>command or event do I use to close the form without adding a record?
>Thank-you,
>Mike

Before the Close line, put a line

Me.Undo

if you want to prevent the record from being saved.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
Mike from Moriches wrote:
>Greetings-
> This must be easy. I have an input form attached to a file. I have a
>command button labeled "Cancel" with an "on-click" event "DoCmd.Close" I
>enter some data, but decide not to add the record. I click the Cancel
>command button, but the messed up record is inserted into the file. What
>command or event do I use to close the form without adding a record?
>Thank-you,
>Mike

Me.Undo