From: ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ on
I have a new Dell mini and a business HP Desktop, both XP Pro.

Because I utilize adaptive software (ZoomText, Dragon, Kurzweil 1000, etc),
I need to have some access to at least a few folders in Word that are on my
desktop computer when using my laptop (I have learned it isn't wise to be
away w/o one's computer).

Frankly, I don't quite *understand* the directions I've 'read' on
microsoft.com, and when I went to have someone help me who knows how to to
this utilizing my Live Messenger, I got a message that I wasn't set up for
that, or needed Admin approval, but I've always been the only person on my
computer (Desktop) and new one (and I do use a Windows password at start
up).

Thank you if you can help - at least in helping me Request Remote
Assistance. I have a few people as Friends on my Messenger including the one
who can help me, but when I click on that "it" shows no one is listed.
Sheesh. Thank you, again.

From: ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ on
Opps - I'm on wireless

From: db on
to connect two computers in the same
house you can connect a network cable
to both computers.

each computer will have a port/jack to
plug each end of the cable into the computers.

however, you can't use a regular cable.

you need to use one that is called a
cross over cable.

it is usually a yellow colored cable.

also, turn off both firewalls so that
they don't pose a hindrance for
connecting the computers together.

then you will need to create a
group

-----------

in regards to msmessenger and
connecting two computers from
different locations via the internet,

perhaps these method might be
better for you:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/remotetech.mspx

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ on
top post???

that won't help when I'm away from home, though.

I was told I did not need a connecting cable

From: db on
oh, you want to access your
computer from a different
location.