From: David Ruether on

Should this wallpaper be pre-glued on the back? 8^)
--DR

From: Peter on
"Bowser" <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote in message
> About a week to go for the latest mandate, Wallpaper. Be sure to send
> in your best shot, and remember, all shots must be 1920 pixels x 1200
> pixels in size.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>
> More info about the Shoot-In here:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Didn't I read somewhere that an archival image was OK for this one image?

--
Peter

From: Jeff Jones on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:40:41 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

>About a week to go for the latest mandate, Wallpaper. Be sure to send
>in your best shot, and remember, all shots must be 1920 pixels x 1200
>pixels in size.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>
>More info about the Shoot-In here:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

This would be the all-around winner (before even seeing any others) but
none of you can have it in a useful size.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4693857924_e0ba569b2c_m.jpg

A large (12cm x 18cm x 3.5cm) slab of polished Labradorite that someone
gave to me during my travels. They wanted to give me something in return
for a wildlife print of mine that I gifted to them.

No, it's not back-lit. That's the schiller effect (or labradorescence)
causing that play of blue and green lights. It's been the wallpaper on all
my PCs for a couple years now. Printed at 18"x13" is even nicer than when
seen on a monitor. Whenever people are flipping through a stack of 8"x10"
proof-prints of mine they never fail to make an involuntary exclamation
when uncovering this one.

That slab could probably withstand 2 or 3 more slicings but the hefty mass
of it makes for an impressive display piece. Mesmerizing to hold and tilt
in the sunlight.

From: Allen on
David Ruether wrote:
> Should this wallpaper be pre-glued on the back? 8^)
> --DR

It depends. Does your monitor have a drywall screen?
Allen
From: Pete on
On 2010-06-12 16:54:13 +0100, David Ruether said:

> Should this wallpaper be pre-glued on the back? 8^)

Gives new meaning to cut and paste.

--
Pete