From: Brent on
One of our users has a meeting reoccurrence in her outlook. After each
meeting she will put in the notes and send an update to everyone. Four weeks
ago she started getting the follow message:

"Two occurrences of "*****" cannot occur on the same day."

I checked the calender for that day and there isn't a second occurrence of
the meeting. Prior to when it started everything of fine and she could put
in the notes and send the update. She only notified me about this last week
and it's been happening for 4 weeks now. Any ideas?

Brent

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Brent" <somebody(a)somewhere.com> wrote in message

> One of our users has a meeting reoccurrence in her outlook. After each
> meeting she will put in the notes and send an update to everyone.

I can't explain the error, but it doesn't surprise me, given the practices you
describe.

Updating a recurring meeting like that could lead to losing all of the notes
she's put in the prior occurrences. Recurring events are single events in the
calendar, with the recurrences being calculated. They're not distinct entries
on the calendar. When you update one occurrence, you instruct Outlook to
create an exception record for the occurrence pattern. I really don't know
how much room there is for the exception list and the individual occurrence
data. However, changing one of many of the items on the series will cause
Outlook to regenerate the series, wiping out the exception list and all the
data stored there. I suspect (but don't know) that it has to do with the data
held in the exception list that makes Outlook think there is more than one
occurrence of the series on that date. I'd recommend sending the meeting
notes to people using other methods than she's employing.

Again, this is just a guess, but I'm not surprised.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brent on
Well here's the time. She's been doing it that way for sometime now. It only
stopped working in the last 4 weeks. I sat with her and went through the
calender, and the previous occurrences have the updated notes there and
everything seems fine. The way I see it, something changed on the first week
it stopped. But I'm not a big outlook user so I can't put my finger on it.
In addition to which this error doesn't pop up too much on the internet.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on

> Well here's the time. She's been doing it that way for sometime now. It only
> stopped working in the last 4 weeks. I sat with her and went through the
> calender, and the previous occurrences have the updated notes there and
> everything seems fine. The way I see it, something changed on the first week
> it stopped. But I'm not a big outlook user so I can't put my finger on it.
> In addition to which this error doesn't pop up too much on the internet.

I hope you discover the cause and can correct it, but that doesn't change my
opinion that it's bad practice and she's begging for trouble.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]