From: pickytweety on
Hi,
I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item
on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one
message open at once. Where is the option to change this?
--
Thanks,
PTweety
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"pickytweety" <pickytweety(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item
> on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one
> message open at once. Where is the option to change this?

Every window you open gets its own handle on the Taskbar. This is standard
Windows operation, not an Outlook issue. Have you enabled the Windows option
to group windows from the same application into onew handle? Right-click the
Taskbarr and choose Properties. Check the box labeled "Group similar taskbar
buttons".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
pickytweety wrote:

> I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item
> on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one
> message open at once. Where is the option to change this?

Guess you're afraid to use the Preview pane inside of Outlook's own
window to view your e-mails. As long as you have left Outlook's
security for rendering HTML-formatted e-mails to Restricted Sites then
it is safe to use the Preview pane. In addition, Outlook 2003/2007
should be configured to block external content (images) to prevent web
beacons being used inside HTML-formatted e-mails. If you are using a
pre-2003 version of Outlook, there is no option to block external
images; however, NoSpyMail (http://www.belshe.com/nospymail/, free)
eliminates web beacons in Outlook 2000/2002.