From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Leslie SQL" <LeslieSQL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way (a setting) for MS Outlook to "unpackage" the .eml file?

EML files are just text files. Save it to disk and open it with Notepad.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Leslie SQL on
The problem is, I lose the "thread" because I have the message from the
sender, then I have an attachment with the forwarded message. I want to
see/print both of them in a single printout. I am using MS Outlook in an
office environment.

Again, is there a way to (a setting) for MS Outlook to "unpackage" the .eml
file?

Thanks,
Leslie

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on

> Again, is there a way to (a setting) for MS Outlook to "unpackage" the .eml
> file?

I don't believe so. EML files are openable by Outlook Express or Windows
Mail. Just like Outlook cannot open, say, spreadsheets, it can't open Outlook
Express messages. Even if i could, Outlook does not print the bodies of
attachments along with the body of the message to which it is attached, even
if it's another mail message. Ask your senders to forward messages in the
body instead of as an attachment.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]