From: David Alves on
Good day everyone!

I have problems with my windows XP Pro service pack 3. Every time that I
open a folder windows will go straight to search mode and not to
open/explore mode. I thought it was a question of settings with explorer or
folder's properties but I cannot find them or maybe I clicked the wrong
settings. At worst is it a virus problems (most unlikely! I guess)??

Please do not waste your time and mine with some vague answers.........be
specific!!!!....thanks in advance

David

From: Iceman on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:38:52 +0100, David Alves wrote in message

> I have problems with my windows XP Pro service pack 3. Every time that I
> open a folder windows will go straight to search mode and not to
> open/explore mode. I thought it was a question of settings with explorer or
> folder's properties but I cannot find them or maybe I clicked the wrong
> settings. At worst is it a virus problems (most unlikely! I guess)??
>
> Please do not waste your time and mine with some vague answers.........be
> specific!!!!....thanks in advance

Here's the advice Microsoft offers:

"Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186