From: mjt on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 23:40:10 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> > Find an openSUSE mirror in your area for the ISO URL
>
> Why? http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.3/iso/ will point
> to it automagically when you start the ISO download.

It may pick a close mirror automagically,
but it might not pick the most efficient.

In my tests, I have found choosing a mirror
hundreds of miles away is faster than a
mirror in my immediate area.

--
The primary cause of failure in electrical appliances is an expired
warranty. Often, you can get an appliance running again simply by

From: Kevin Miller on
houghi wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote:
>> Thanks. I ended up just looking at the web page source code. The
>> javascript was all embedded so I was able to grab the URL from there...
>
> Yeah, much easier then clicking the URL I gave. :-D

I appreciated the URL - it's just that the light dawned before I read
your post. It's a strange phenomenon that the best way to discover the
solution for one's self is to ask on usenet. Always, just after hitting
the send key but before you read replies, the answer hits you. For your
helpfulness, perhaps we can call that "Houghi's Law". :-)

Best...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller