From: Targ on
Still some questions in my mind, but it's pretty much working.

Downloading broker statements with Direct Connect. Some transactions
at the bottom show as Match. Fine. Matches existing transactions.

Now some that say New. I find no choice except to Accept or Finish
Later. OK... I now see I can Delete. No choice to void, or modify
the transaction as it comes in. I don't see how to add or modify a
memo without first accepting. Am I missing something, or is that the
way it is?

The extra new transactions came in as ReinvDiv while they were
separate DivX and BoughtX in existing transactions. So I decided
that deleting the ReinvDivX.

What is the difference between a Div and a DivX, and etc vs etcX
transaction?

It wanted to add shares for the money market. I un-checked letting
that happen. I would expect the money market balance to be
represented in the associated cash/contributions account. If there
are not BoughtX and SoldX (or equivalent) transactions downloaded
for the money market, it would be foolish to have Quicken try to
track the money market balance. Otherwise the cash account and the
money market holding values would be duplicated. So it may be that I
will just have to keep unchecking the offer to update the money
market holdings.
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Targ.

> What is the difference between a Div and a DivX, and etc vs etcX
> transaction?

The "X" signifies that Cash is transferred into or out of the account in
whose Register we are making the entry.

In prior Quicken versions, we were offered a choice between Div and DivX.
In Q2010, we just select "Inc - Income (Div, Int, etc.)". IF the cash does
not stay in the broker account, we select its destination from the drop-down
list in the Transfer account box. If the dividend stays in the broker
account, just leave that Transfer account box empty.

Use similar steps for securities in the broker account with cash from your
checking account, for example.

> will just have to keep unchecking the offer to update the money
> market holdings.

Yes. So long as the money market fund shares are worth $1, there's little
if any benefit to tracking those shares separately as other than Cash.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX