From: Dan Wenz on
On 4/14/2010 10:10 AM, John Pollard wrote:

>> There is a free app called Netstock which runs on your desktop and
>> pulls quotes at a frequency you choose. When you are ready to import
>> the prices into Quicken, you tell Netstock to create a .csv file of
>> the prices, which you then import (File> Import> Import Prices ...
>> with the Portfolio tab displayed).

Thanks - my IQ must have dropped a couple dozen points - I cannot add
any mutual fund symbols to the empty screen waiting for same. The "FAQ"
isn't one and no help menu even though there's one. So I have to ask,
humbly, how do I add my funds symbols to the screen?
From: Notan on
On 4/21/2010 6:13 PM, Dan Wenz wrote:
> On 4/14/2010 10:10 AM, John Pollard wrote:
>

>>> There is a free app called Netstock which runs on your desktop and
>>> pulls quotes at a frequency you choose. When you are ready to import
>>> the prices into Quicken, you tell Netstock to create a .csv file of
>>> the prices, which you then import (File> Import> Import Prices ...
>>> with the Portfolio tab displayed).
>>>

> Thanks - my IQ must have dropped a couple dozen points - I cannot add
> any mutual fund symbols to the empty screen waiting for same. The "FAQ"
> isn't one and no help menu even though there's one. So I have to ask,
> humbly, how do I add my funds symbols to the screen?

Settings | Stocks... | Ticker Symbol

If you need to look up stock and mutual fund symbols, have a look at:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/common/find.asp
From: Dan Wenz on
On 4/21/2010 10:19 PM, Notan wrote:

>> Thanks - my IQ must have dropped a couple dozen points - I cannot add
>> any mutual fund symbols to the empty screen waiting for same. The "FAQ"
>> isn't one and no help menu even though there's one. So I have to ask,
>> humbly, how do I add my funds symbols to the screen?
>
> Settings | Stocks... | Ticker Symbol
>
> If you need to look up stock and mutual fund symbols, have a look at:
>
> http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/common/find.asp

Thanks - the symbols I already have, and for reasons unknown to me I had
gone to the settings stock page but clicked on "quick add" button
instead of "add/change"!