From: John Polasek on
My list of scheduled transactions in Q5 goes back to the middle of
last year because I haven't been servicing them. Is there any way to
narrow down the list so it only shows April 2010 and on. It looks like
each one has to be hand edited.
From: Zaidy036 on
In article <ilcas5tbvt7dc9fr8msse1s6jiicisfeat(a)4ax.com>, jpolasek(a)cfl.rr.com
says...

> My list of scheduled transactions in Q5 goes back to the middle of
> last year because I haven't been servicing them. Is there any way to
> narrow down the list so it only shows April 2010 and on. It looks like
> each one has to be hand edited.

Assuming the transactions have not been entered into your register why not just
edit the schedule to start at the date you want.
From: John Polasek on
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:22:41 -0400, Zaidy036
<Zaidy036NOSPAM(a)optonline.net> wrote:

>In article <ilcas5tbvt7dc9fr8msse1s6jiicisfeat(a)4ax.com>, jpolasek(a)cfl.rr.com
>says...
>>
>> My list of scheduled transactions in Q5 goes back to the middle of
>> last year because I haven't been servicing them. Is there any way to
>> narrow down the list so it only shows April 2010 and on. It looks like
>> each one has to be hand edited.
>
>Assuming the transactions have not been entered into your register why not just
>edit the schedule to start at the date you want.
If you know of a method whereby I can make a blanket change like that
I would love to hear about it. But as far as I can see it's a manual
operation that can only be expedited by use of a macro keyboard to
change the date, then enter, retrieve, find another one which is quite
laborious.
I have been able to make fairly efficient changes of class (where for
example I have several names for the same class). Just do a Find in
the register for that class, so they're all lined up, and then have a
macro ready to make the change to each one.
From: RJ on
On Apr 16, 1:39 pm, John Polasek <jpola...(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:22:41 -0400, Zaidy036
>
> <Zaidy036NOS...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> >In article <ilcas5tbvt7dc9fr8msse1s6jiicisf...(a)4ax.com>, jpola...(a)cfl.rr..com
> >says...
>
> >> My list of scheduled transactions in Q5 goes back to the middle of
> >> last year because I haven't been servicing them. Is there any way to
> >> narrow down the list so it only shows April 2010 and on. It looks like
> >> each one has to be hand edited.
>
> >Assuming the transactions have not been entered into your register why not just
> >edit the schedule to start at the date you want.
>
> If you know of a method whereby I can make a blanket change like that
> I would love to hear about it. But as far as I can see it's a manual
> operation that can only be expedited by use of a macro keyboard to
> change the date, then enter, retrieve, find another one which is quite
> laborious.
> I have been able to make fairly efficient changes of class (where for
> example I have several names for the same class). Just do a Find in
> the register for that class, so they're all lined up, and then have a
> macro ready to make the change to each one.

I have run into the same issue when I break off a previous year, the
automatically entered transactions seem to stay with the archived file
as well and have been searching like you for an answer. What I may do
is a) to prevent the problem, when I do a yearly cut off, go into that
file and delete all scheudled transactions (I was hoping that they
were in one of the other file extensions that have the same file name,
but that does not appear to do so b) delete the transactions manually
by either highlighting a range or using this technique
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Quicken-Other-Budget-1432/2009/9/Deleting-multiple-check-register-1.htm,
but still have to delete all scheduled transactions. If you hear of a
better way, let me knw.

Pages: 1
Prev: Downloading quotes
Next: Books on 2010 H&B?