From: Stuart Grant on
On two different websites in the last few days I have experienced the
same problem.

I use Thunderbird.

In a message, I click on a link to get further details of an item. The
correct web page downloads but after it is about 90% complete it hangs
with the "loading" message still showing. In several cases the message
the Status Bar showed "Waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net" but I
think there were other similar "Waiting for .." messages.

I asked one of the websites and they said that no one else had reported
any problems.

Have I got a virus ? I have AVG virus checker and Outpost firewall.

Stuart
From: Peter Foldes on
"Waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net"

Stuart I am sorry to say you have some sort of Malware\Trojan . Run the following
free tools as per below below

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot.

--
Peter

From: Stuart Grant on
Thanks to those who jumped in to help.

I finally found the culprit - Agnitum Firewall Pro.

Apparently in a recent update it installed a plug-in "Ads", which seems
to have been blocking everything it considered an ad - not just Google.
The cause was usually said to be IMAGE, whatever that is. I have
removed the plug-in and the problem has disappeared. I have also
reported it to Agnitum.

Stuart

From: VanguardLH on
Stuart Grant wrote:

> I finally found the culprit - Agnitum Firewall Pro. Apparently in a
> recent update it installed a plug-in "Ads", which seems to have been
> blocking everything it considered an ad - not just Google. The cause
> was usually said to be IMAGE, whatever that is. I have removed the
> plug-in and the problem has disappeared.

They added an ad-blocker component. Of those that I've seen in other
products or as stand-alone programs, the user can still either modify
their blacklist (to remove an entry causing the problem) or create a
whitelist (that overrides the blacklist). There was no configurability
to their ad-blocker? If configurable, there really isn't a problem to
report. It's up to the user to understand the product and all its
features to know how to use and configure it to their likes. If the
slid in the ad-blocker without notifying the user then that's a problem.