From: Rich on
On Jan 22, 6:15 pm, "G Paleologopoulos" <gpa...(a)ath.forthnet.gr>
wrote:
> "RichA" <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrotenews:98270ea5-7b5a-4e71-990c-2143b00d55a6(a)y12g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>

> > An announcement about and upcoming firmware improvement?  Time was,
> > firmware announcements came out when the firmware was actually
> > available for download.  Now we're seeing pre-release firmware
> > announcements?  For what purpose?  For sure, it's a sales technique,
> > provided by Canon and eagerly implemented by Dpreview.
>
> >http://www.dpreview.com/news/1001/10012201canon1DIVfirmware.asp
>
> Slow day, Rich??

For them, yeah.
From: Poldie on
On Jan 22, 7:56 pm, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> An announcement about and upcoming firmware improvement?  Time was,
> firmware announcements came out when the firmware was actually
> available for download.  Now we're seeing pre-release firmware
> announcements?  For what purpose?  For sure, it's a sales technique,
> provided by Canon and eagerly implemented by Dpreview.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/1001/10012201canon1DIVfirmware.asp

Isn't that what all newspapers, tv news show etc do? Rehash press
releases?
From: Rich on

Poldie wrote:
> On Jan 22, 7:56 pm, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > An announcement about and upcoming firmware improvement?  Time was,
> > firmware announcements came out when the firmware was actually
> > available for download.  Now we're seeing pre-release firmware
> > announcements?  For what purpose?  For sure, it's a sales technique,
> > provided by Canon and eagerly implemented by Dpreview.
> >
> > http://www.dpreview.com/news/1001/10012201canon1DIVfirmware.asp
>
> Isn't that what all newspapers, tv news show etc do? Rehash press
> releases?

Pretty much. When was the last time you actually saw one '''break" a
story? Since most of them that do break in the photography world
concern problems, it's no surprise it's the users who break them.