From: shmoussa on
Hello,

I have a form with an attachment box. When I double click this box, I
get the standard ATTACHMENT box.

I create/edit a record on the form, based on the contents of an email.
I would like to implement a drag and drop feature from outlook. Is
there any way to do this?

Ideally, I would edit/create a record in my Access form, switch over
to Outlook, select, drag and drop the email into the Attachment box on
my form.

Any guidance to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
From: Mike Painter on
shmoussa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a form with an attachment box. When I double click this box, I
> get the standard ATTACHMENT box.
>
> I create/edit a record on the form, based on the contents of an email.
> I would like to implement a drag and drop feature from outlook. Is
> there any way to do this?
>
> Ideally, I would edit/create a record in my Access form, switch over
> to Outlook, select, drag and drop the email into the Attachment box on
> my form.
>
> Any guidance to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A limited drag and drop canbe done within Access but not between Access and
other forms.

You can create a link to Outlook and view outlook email as a table.
If the subject line (or a few others) for he email is the same you can
create a rule that places that email in a separate folder and attach it.