From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
The OP seems to still confuse the application iexplore.exe with the HTML control, which I
thought had been made completely clear to him by several people.
joe

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:47:42 -0700, "Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>Sure, that even says:
>
>"The dependencies are not removed through this process, but the Internet
>Explorer executable (iexplore.exe) is removed without harming any other
>Windows components."
>
>By the way, Safari is integrated to OS X the same way: WebKit (rendering
>engine) cannot be removed.
>

>"Simon" <bad(a)example.com> wrote in message
>> Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
>>> That is not possible. You are confusing "what browswer the user likes"
>>> from "what is
>>> built into Windows". Even if the user deletes the iexplorer.exe, that is
>>> just a wrapper
>>> around the basic HTML control. And lots and lots of components of
>>> Windows depend on its
>>> existence.
>>>
>>> You are worrying about a problem that cannot exist.
>>
>> What made you think I was confused?
>>
>> There are some articles on the web that, although strongly advise against,
>> show how to completely remove IE from their machines.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer#Removal
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_Internet_Explorer
>>
>> I don't seem to find a definitive article from MS that indicate that
>> CHTMLView, (or similar APIs), will work on Windows regardless if IE is
>> installed or not.
>>

>> Simon

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: David Ching on
"Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Sure, that even says:
>
> "The dependencies are not removed through this process, but the Internet
> Explorer executable (iexplore.exe) is removed without harming any other
> Windows components."

That was in reference to the new, officially supported MS process in Windows
7. If more than just iexplore.exe is removed, e.g. shdocvw.dll which the IE
control depends on, then the embedded IE control won't work.

Unless an app caters to hackers that might do this, I wouldn't worry about
this segment of the market and just use the IE control. BTW, Paul di Lascia
has an old MSJ article that lets you embed the CHtmlView in any dialog, etc.
(and not just a Mainframe window).

-- David

From: Stanza on
What about

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/static/xhtmlstatic.aspx

From: Simon on
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> The OP seems to still confuse the application iexplore.exe with the HTML control, which I
> thought had been made completely clear to him by several people.
> joe

Are you mad or are you doing it on purpose? Where did I say I was
confused? Stop going around insulting people for fun.

The only 'confusion' was that I did not know that uninstalling IE
involved IE not really been uninstalled.

Really, you don't need to reply to every threads to get your rude word
count of the day in.

Why don't you write an article about making assumption and complaining
about everybody not using your perfect coding style, (and tell us how
many years you have been doing it for as well).
When you done, tell us over and over and over about it to push you 1980
style website.

Get a life, try and help people rather.

Simon
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
No, you thought the HTML control was part of IE, instead of thinking that IE was an
application that used the HTML control, and therefore had concluded that uninstalling the
application uninstalled the control. If you managed to uninstall the HTML control,
massive pieces of Windows would stop working.

Actually, I did write such an article. So I don't need to write one again.
joe