From: Robin Clay Robin_B DOT Clay AT virgin DOT on
Greetings !

I have an add-on USB hard drive. This always came up as Drive F:, but now
it comes up as Drive G: !

How can I set things up so that it ALWAYS comes up as Drive F: - the way it
used to be ?

Regards

Robin
From: Andrew E. on
Go to run,type:diskmgmt.msc In msc,L.click on the drive,go to actions,all,
change drive letter,change letter.If F: isnt available then it must be in
use...
If not sure,exit msc,go to start,run,type: cmd In cmd type: DiskPart type:
list disk type:list volume

From: smlunatick on
On Apr 7, 4:46 pm, Andrew E. <eckric...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>   Go to run,type:diskmgmt.msc  In msc,L.click on the drive,go to actions,all,
>  change drive letter,change letter.If F: isnt available then it must be in
> use...
>   If not sure,exit msc,go to start,run,type: cmd  In cmd type: DiskPart  type:
>  list disk  type:list volume
>
> "Robin Clay" wrote:
> > Greetings !
>
> > I have an add-on USB hard drive.  This always came up as Drive F:, but now
> > it comes up as Drive G:  !
>
> > How can I set things up so that it ALWAYS comes up as Drive F: - the way it
> > used to be ?
>
> > Regards
>
> > Robin

USB drives will change drive letter whenever the drive gets connected
to a different USB port. Look for USBDLM utility for a better method.
From: Robin Clay Robin_B DOT Clay AT virgin DOT on
Thank you both very much.

I've tried Andrew's suggestions, and will see what happens when I next boot
up. Perhaps I'll have to resort to the USBDLM utility !

Regards

Robin

Pages: 1
Prev: User Accounts