From: Ron on
Just installed a Dbx Driverack PA+. Any hints and tips from anyone?
It IS on a UPS btw.

EV Deltamax 15" tops x 4
GAE BR215 dual 15" subs, Camco amps

Ron(UK)
From: Rupert on
On Apr 13, 3:54 am, Ron <r...(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
> Just installed a Dbx Driverack PA+. Any hints and tips from anyone?
> It IS on a UPS btw.
>
> EV Deltamax 15" tops x 4
> GAE BR215 dual 15" subs, Camco amps
>
> Ron(UK)

While a UPS is always a good idea, the the PA+ doesn't have the much
maligned & overblown power-off pop of the older DRPA. Any analog
processor or desk can deliver a hefty power off pop to the speakers
too. That's why you ALWAYS shut the power amps down first and it has
always been this way. Amps = last on, first off. Consider this: even
with the processor on a UPS, should power go out on the mixer and/or
an inserted graphic EQ on the mains, you can still get a pop and the
processor staying up will allow that pop to pass full level unless the
limiters are of good quality.

Rupert
From: Ron on
On 13/04/2010 17:40, Rupert wrote:
> On Apr 13, 3:54 am, Ron<r...(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
>> Just installed a Dbx Driverack PA+. Any hints and tips from anyone?
>> It IS on a UPS btw.
>>
>> EV Deltamax 15" tops x 4
>> GAE BR215 dual 15" subs, Camco amps
>>
>> Ron(UK)
>
> While a UPS is always a good idea, the the PA+ doesn't have the much
> maligned& overblown power-off pop of the older DRPA. Any analog
> processor or desk can deliver a hefty power off pop to the speakers
> too. That's why you ALWAYS shut the power amps down first and it has
> always been this way. Amps = last on, first off. Consider this: even
> with the processor on a UPS, should power go out on the mixer and/or
> an inserted graphic EQ on the mains, you can still get a pop and the
> processor staying up will allow that pop to pass full level unless the
> limiters are of good quality.
>
> Rupert

Yeah I know all that, I just mentioned the UPS because I just knew
someone would have to relate all the horror stories ;) You can`t protect
everything from everything.

The Driverack PA+ doesn't actually have a mains switch, so it`s not easy
to flip it off unless you're very stupid and pull the plug!.

Actually, in this particular installation the whole front of house and
amps are fed from one 32 amp ceeform. We always do follow good practise
when shutting down, but if the mains plug gets yanked the amps mute
instantly anyway and any turnoff thump is minimal.

Ron