From: markp on
Hi All,

I need to drive capacitor with a triangle wave with no DC across the
capacitor (i.e. a symmetrical bipolar drive but triangular) but it has to be
efficient, i.e some kind of energy retrieval.

Is it possible to use standard H bridge circuits to do this? Does anyone
have any links or app notes?

Thanks!
Mark.

From: John Fields on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:48:55 +0100, "markp" <map.nospam(a)f2s.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I need to drive capacitor with a triangle wave with no DC across the
>capacitor (i.e. a symmetrical bipolar drive but triangular) but it has to be
>efficient, i.e some kind of energy retrieval.

---
What are you trying to do?

JF

From: Tim Williams on
Assuming you mean triangle voltage waveform (= square current waveform), you can do this with an H bridge and an arbitrarily large inductor in series with the supply. You will actually have an arc segment of the LC oscillation, so you need a big L to make the frequency low enough that the arc looks straight.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

From: markp on
"John Fields" <jfields(a)austininstruments.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:48:55 +0100, "markp" <map.nospam(a)f2s.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I need to drive capacitor with a triangle wave with no DC across the
>>capacitor (i.e. a symmetrical bipolar drive but triangular) but it has to
>>be
>>efficient, i.e some kind of energy retrieval.
>
> ---
> What are you trying to do?

I can't really say as I'm under NDA, suffice it to say the load is mostly
capacitive (in the order of a few uF) and musn't have any DC component
across it.

Mark.

From: langwadt on
On 21 Jul., 13:48, "markp" <map.nos...(a)f2s.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to drive capacitor with a triangle wave with no DC across the
> capacitor (i.e. a symmetrical bipolar drive but triangular) but it has to be
> efficient, i.e some kind of energy retrieval.
>
> Is it possible to use standard H bridge circuits to do this? Does anyone
> have any links or app notes?
>
> Thanks!
> Mark.

what kind of frequencies, voltages?