From: Clay H Clay on
I have a template for filling out quotes and I was looking to create a drop
down menu with all of the names of customers that I regularly send out quotes
to (it's about 20 people). I have figured out how to make a drop down list
with a bunch of names but I would like it so that when I select a name from
the drop down menu, the customers contact info pops up on the quote under the
name. Is this even possible?

Thanks!
From: ozgrid.com on
Use VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/left-lookup.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Dave Peterson on
I'd build a table on a separate worksheet.

Put the customer names in column A and the rest of the contact stuff in B:E
(say).

Then if A1 contained the dropdown (data|validation???) for the names, you could
use this:

In A2:
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:E,2,false)
In A3:
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:E,3,false)

If you send that workbook to your customers, remember that you'll want to
convert these formulas to values and delete that table sheet.

(I wouldn't want to share customer x info with customer y.)

--

Dave Peterson