From: TheDrescher on
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three
sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one
cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the
tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the
info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I
can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I
get an error. How would I do this? thanks!
From: Eduardo on
Hi,.

first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name,
for example use "mylist", choose the range in the other sheet then go to data
validation, in the allow field enter List, source enter

=mylist

From: Pete_UK on
Are you using data validation to give you the drop-down of names? You
will need something like this, assuming the drop-down is in A1 and
your sought-value is in B1:

=VLOOKUP(B1,INDIRECT(A1),2,0)

Hope this helps.

Pete