From: cncmillgil on
On Jun 1, 9:24 pm, cncmillgil <mil...(a)cin.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > parts, and the new component will be placed in the same location.
> > What's more, components added using this method can still be
> > individually adjusted. Each snap point has a break option to allow
> > moving it away from the point.
>
> > Tip #3
> > Cimatron has long had the Quick Split function to help divide up
> > plastic parts into sides to be molded. Quick Split organizes the faces
> > from a part into groups. It also organizes the shutoff surfaces built
> > out from the parting lines. It's good to understand the differences
> > between these Part and Parting surfaces. Any part surface will be
> > exported into a single mold component. Parting are steel shutoff
> > surfaces, and therefore must be identical in the two mold components.
> > That's the reason they are illustrated as two faces during the Quick
> > Split animation, and why you must pick two groups when assigning the
> > parting attribute. Part faces and parting faces each have their own
> > tool to distribute them into the mold cavities. Part faces use Export
> > to Part. It can simultaneously create multiple new parts in assembly.
> > Parting faces use Export Parting Faces. This function incorporates a
> > cut of the work piece along with the transfer of shape.
>
> > Tip #4
> > Cimatron's E9.0 non-uniform scaling can now scale by bounding box.
> > This eliminates the need for you to calculate the scaling ratios. The
> > system creates a bounding box around the part and displays the
> > dimensions of the original box. To the left is the area where you
> > enter the new XYZ lengths that you want the part scaled to.
>
> >         Recorded Tooling Tips Webinars
> >                 training
> > To view previously recorded Tooling Tips webinars, using your user
> > name and password, log into the support section of the Cimatron
> > website. The available videos are listed under Tooling Tips Videos
> > found on the lower left hand side.
> >         Do You Have a Tip to Share?
> >                 share
> > Your tip will be reviewed by the Cimatron technical team; if
> > published, you will earn the recognition of your fellow toolmakers.
> > Submit your tooling tip here.
>
> > Contact Information
> > email: i...(a)cimatrontech.com
> > phone: (877) 596-9700
> > web:http://www.cimatrontech.com
>
> > --
> > ~g~
>
>          May 31, 2010            The Knowledge-Sharing Newsletter
>
> in this issue
>
>     * Telling the Mainstream about Manufacturing
>     * Canadian Youth Shine at Skills Canada Competition
>     * MOLD MAKING FOCUS
>       Doing the Math on Your Moldmaker's Value
>     * DIE MAKING FOCUS
>       Quick Die Change - The Process
>
> CIMATRON HAS A NEW WEBSITE!
>
> Check it out!
>
> Cimatron Corporate:www.cimatron.com
>
> Cimatron North America:www.cimatrontech.com
>
> CIMATRON TRAINING
>
> Enhance your productivity and skill set ...

Manufacturing & Tooling Update
Cimatron Newsletter
June, 2010

Greetings!

The road to economic recovery is not always smooth or short. However,
economists
continue to report that we are still on the recovery path. The
evidence from the
manufacturing front is that for die makers, business is picking up and
toolrooms are
buzzing with activity.

Many companies had to make very tough decisions during the down times
– some
involving significant changes to their business operations.

For example, injection molder Polymer Conversions and its customer,
SensGard LLC,
have embraced a refreshing change by developing a special partnership
in an effort
to bring an exciting new technology to market.

And, if your business hasn’t experienced change, it likely will during
these times
of improvement. How you manage the change can notably impact how
effective these
changes are going to be.

Enjoy the issue,

Lisa Sterling
Director of Marketing
Cimatron Technologies, Inc.

in this issue

* Job Hopes Rise on Flurry of Economic Reports
* How to Manage Change
* MOLD MAKING FOCUS: Injection Molder Helps Inventor
Successfully Market
New Ear Protection Device
* DIE MAKING FOCUS: On the Rebound

ARTICLES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job Hopes Rise on Flurry of Economic Reports

Fewer people are filing claims for unemployment aid, new job are
showing up in
service industries, and companies are squeezing all they can from lean
staffs and
may need to hire soon.

Experts report on the economy.
[http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100603/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_economy]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to Manage Change

One word that captures the essence of what is occurring in the world
today - change.

How to better manage it.
[http://www.moldmakingtechnology.com/articles/0610yourbus.html]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MOLD MAKING FOCUS: Injection Molder Helps Inventor Successfully
Market New Ear
Protection Device

A new product and partnership are leading to success for custom
injection molder
Polymer Conversions Inc. and its customer, SensGard LLC, maker of
hearing protection
devices.

Learn more.
[http://www.plasticstoday.com/articles/sensgard-ear-protection-device]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIE MAKING FOCUS: On the Rebound

Toolrooms throughout the industry are buzzing with activity as dies
make their way
back into production.

Why business is picking up.
[http://archive.metalformingmagazine.com/2010/06/Editorial.pdf]

FEATURE ARTICLE
Minimizing EDM And Production Delays

The adoption and implementation of a number of technological solutions
at its New
York and Philadelphia facilities allowed Rifton, a designer and
manufacturer of
adaptive and rehabilitative equipment for disabled children and
adults, to
successfully deal with a number of efficiency and production issues.

Read the full story as seen in Manufacturing Business Technology.
[http://www.mbtmag.com/Content.aspx?id=375]
CIMATRON TRAINING
Enhance your productivity and skill set with training.

View Cimatron's Summer class schedule.
[http://supportcti.com]

QUICK LINK
View Cimatron's GibbsCAM product line for production.
[http://www.gibbscam.com]

NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE
You can browse copies of previous issues at www.toolingtimes.com.
[http://www.toolingtimes.com]