From: Chance M Chance on
Using Excel 2007, I have a two column list with over 100,000 rows.

Example:

Jane Doe U
Jane Doe
John Doe
John Doe U
John Doe
Jack Doe
Jack Doe

I want to run a dup check to make sure there is only one Jane, Jack or John
Doe, but the copy I want to stay is the one with a U behind it if there is
one (wouldn't matter which row is kept for Jack). From what I've done so far,
the dup check simply keeps whichever record is in the top row. Seems like it
should be an easy fix, but I'm lost. Please help.
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
If the rows you want to keep are the ones with a U, apply a filter to that
column, uncheck the U, then higlight all the filtered rows, right click on
the mouse, delete, then go to the filter and check the U

From: Chance M on
Thanks Eduardo. I still need to keep one copy of any that don't have a U in
column B by them as well. So in the below example I would be left with:

Jane Doe U
John Doe U
Jack Doe

Does that make sense?

From: Eduardo on
Hi,
In that case look into CPearson Web, in the middle of the page he has how to
delete duplicate rows with a macro

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm

From: Chance M on
Thanks Eduardo. I'll try that and I think it should work.

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> In that case look into CPearson Web, in the middle of the page he has how to
> delete duplicate rows with a macro
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm
>

> "Chance M" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Eduardo. I still need to keep one copy of any that don't have a U in
> > column B by them as well. So in the below example I would be left with:
> >
> > Jane Doe U
> > John Doe U
> > Jack Doe
> >
> > Does that make sense?
> >

> > "Eduardo" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > If the rows you want to keep are the ones with a U, apply a filter to that
> > > column, uncheck the U, then higlight all the filtered rows, right click on
> > > the mouse, delete, then go to the filter and check the U

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: How do I make first row sort in table
Next: Conditional