From: deej on
I'm a few years late in joining this (hopefully someone is still out there).
If I have a task that is calendar days driven (i.e., review period of 30
days); how do I enter it so that it truely is 30 calendar days (no resource
assigned)?

From: Dale Howard [MVP] on
deej --

Given the fact that you have not assigned resources to the task, the
simplest approach would be to enter the Duration as 30ed, which represents
30 elapsed (calendar) days. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

From: "Steve House" sjhouse at hotmail dot on
If there are no resources assigned, it's not really a task at all since it
doesn't represent work being done to drive the project forward. You've
actually submitted the document to the powers that be and are now just
waiting for the approval to come back before you can continue with the work.
Have two milestones, "Submitted for Approval" and "Approval Received," and
link them FS. Add a 30ed lag time into the link to represent the waiting
time. I really don't like the idea of using what I call "spaceholder
pseudotasks" to represent the passage of time where no activity is taking
place.
--
Steve House