From: Dima on
> notice that there are no gaps around the LCD...
That was the most important thing for me to know, as I was sure that
the dust gets in because of the keyboard and huge space between
buttons and body.
From: Dueño de Monte on
My 49g+ and 50g has never receive dust in the display area, under the
protection cover, even when they have travel with me for many wild and
dusty areas. So if it is properly sealed you should not have any dust
on the display.

Daniel.
From: Erwin Ried on
On 19 feb, 14:49, Joe Horn <joeh...(a)holyjoe.net> wrote:
> > You can't dustproof it. Dust comes from keys and ports,
> > not just from the protective screen cover.
>
> Although this is true for the 49G, I'm not sure it's true for the 49g+
> or 50g.  If the screen cover is properly resealed in place, there is
> only one place for dust to get in, and that's through the gap around
> the aluminum HP logo appliqué and the hole underneath it (see photos
> linked earlier in this thread).  That gap and/or hole can be sealed,
> thus rendering the 50g display dustproof.  If the display cover seal
> has gaps, the gaps can be easily removed by resealing the cover with
> full-length double-sided adhesive tape.
>
> As for dust coming through from the keyboard or ports, that's not
> possible, since the LCD is sealed from those areas.
>
> -Joe-

Well, I'm not sure about 50g (I dissasembled mine but don't remember),
but the 49g+ is covered (not perfectly sealed) with aluminium sticky
foil:
http://erwin.ried.cl/img/articles/hp49gp_after_a_year/inside_main.jpg

It is hard to get a dust particle, but it is possible.