From: Joni on
I have Windows XP Media Center Edition
Internet Explorer 8
McAfee with MSN (note McAfee scans e-mail messages and attachments

I cannot attach a folder to an e-mail using either MSN or AOL mail. I can
only attach individual files.I know that in the past I was able to attach
folders. I may have been using an earlier version of IE.

I get a message above the e-mail (in yellow yellow bar)- Viruses or unsafe
files were detected in one or more attached files. The following
attachments were removed or cleared then it gives the name of the document
and says lnk (removed) and
I get messages on my desktop from MSN - Access to the following potentially
unsafe attachments has been blocked then it gives the mame of the folder
then . Lnk (removed).

I'm not sure what is going on here. Do I have to turn of the McAfee e-mail
scan. I never had to do this before.

From: Unknown on
IE is a browser and NOT any type of mail program. What e-mail program do you
use? What
happens if you shut down McAfee?

From: Peter Foldes on
No to turn of the McAfee e-mail scan. You have to get rid of McAfee all together.
Try to disable the scan and not by using the switch because the scan is hooked into
the API and it will not close doing that route.
You need to uninstall McAfee using their uninstall tool and then re-install it
without the email integration (scanning) option

McAfee Removal Tool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

--
Peter

From: Joni on
As mentioned, I use MSN and also AOL. If I turn of McAfee scanning, I do
not get any message but it still will not attach. I have scanned these
files and there is no problem mentioned.

From: Joni on
This does not make sense to be because when I try to send individual
documents McAfee does not interfere. At this point I am not ready to
uninstall McAfee - it may just be a waste of time. Anyone else have any
suggestions,