From: divoch on
I am after a mobile [for 3 network ] that can open attachments in Word, .jpg
, .pdf. Can E63, E71 and E72 mobiles do this? Any other?

thanks
divoch

From: Paulg0 on
"divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am after a mobile [for 3 network ] that can open attachments in Word,
> .jpg , .pdf. Can E63, E71 and E72 mobiles do this? Any other?
>
> thanks
> divoch

E72 certainly can it comes with Quickoffice and Adobe Acrobat software. I
have an unwanted (unlocked) insurance upgrade from Vodafone that is just 3
days old..... I may be persuaded to part with it if you are looking to buy
one. It really doesn't suit my needs so I'm looking to sell it on and buy
myself an HTC Desire

Paul

From: divoch on

"Paulg0" <zdg18(a)ukgateway.net.spamtrap> wrote in message
> "divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am after a mobile [for 3 network ] that can open attachments in Word,
>> .jpg , .pdf. Can E63, E71 and E72 mobiles do this? Any other?
>>
>> thanks
>> divoch
>
> E72 certainly can it comes with Quickoffice and Adobe Acrobat software. I
> have an unwanted (unlocked) insurance upgrade from Vodafone that is just 3
> days old..... I may be persuaded to part with it if you are looking to buy
> one. It really doesn't suit my needs so I'm looking to sell it on and buy
> myself an HTC Desire
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply and an offer.
There are two considerations for me. Cost and full compatibility with 3
network.
There does not seem much difference between E71 and E72 ( I know, better
camera...), except, of course, that I do not know if E71 can read the
attachments mentioned, but on 3 the difference in price is quite
significant but you cannot get E72 on 3 PAYG. 3 are selling refurbished E71
for �140. Of course E63 is even cheaper and may have all or most of the
basic ingredients I need.
The other potential problem is full compatibility with 3 network features.
While unlocked E72 would be fine on all other networks that is not at all
certain on 3. I have unlocked SE K810i which should, according their
website, be compatible with Skype on 3 (free on 3), but the download failed.

Divoch

From: Paulg0 on
> Thanks for your reply and an offer.
> There are two considerations for me. Cost and full compatibility with 3
> network.
> There does not seem much difference between E71 and E72 ( I know, better
> camera...), except, of course, that I do not know if E71 can read the
> attachments mentioned, but on 3 the difference in price is quite
> significant but you cannot get E72 on 3 PAYG. 3 are selling refurbished
> E71 for �140. Of course E63 is even cheaper and may have all or most of
> the basic ingredients I need.
> The other potential problem is full compatibility with 3 network features.
> While unlocked E72 would be fine on all other networks that is not at all
> certain on 3. I have unlocked SE K810i which should, according their
> website, be compatible with Skype on 3 (free on 3), but the download
> failed.
>
> Divoch

I have a three sim card here somewhere, i'll have a play around and let you
know the results......

Paul

From: Paulg0 on
> I have a three sim card here somewhere, i'll have a play around and let
> you know the results......

I've just had a play around..... Downloaded Skype from the Three mobile
website and installed it on the phone and it works fine! You can also
confirm compatibility at http://www.three.co.uk/_popup/Skype

If you want to get some more details from me drop me an email at paulg at
gmx dot co dot uk I don't want to get shouted at for touting my wares on
here :-)

Paul