From: R.Giskard Reventlov on
Ok so I have ordered a SIM free iPhone 4 (and a bumper!)

I have a contract with Vodafone that does not run out till December.

As the iPhone 4 uses a Micro SIM and I want to use it on my Vodafone account
the option I have it to cut the SIM to fit.
I have got from Amazon a SIM cutter and after testing it on a few PAYG SIMs
I had around I am happy it would work with my contract SIM.

The question is will Vodafone mind if I cut the SIM to fit in my iPhone 4??

From: IanM on

"R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nospam*@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Ok so I have ordered a SIM free iPhone 4 (and a bumper!)
>
> I have a contract with Vodafone that does not run out till December.
>
> As the iPhone 4 uses a Micro SIM and I want to use it on my Vodafone
> account the option I have it to cut the SIM to fit.
> I have got from Amazon a SIM cutter and after testing it on a few PAYG
> SIMs I had around I am happy it would work with my contract SIM.
>
> The question is will Vodafone mind if I cut the SIM to fit in my
> iPhone 4??

doesn't mention cutting, but it does mention getting hold of a micro-sim

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/64248-official-iphone-4-faqs/

From: R.Giskard Reventlov on

"IanM" <nospam(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> "R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nospam*@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Ok so I have ordered a SIM free iPhone 4 (and a bumper!)
>>
>> I have a contract with Vodafone that does not run out till December.
>>
>> As the iPhone 4 uses a Micro SIM and I want to use it on my Vodafone
>> account the option I have it to cut the SIM to fit.
>> I have got from Amazon a SIM cutter and after testing it on a few PAYG
>> SIMs I had around I am happy it would work with my contract SIM.
>>
>> The question is will Vodafone mind if I cut the SIM to fit in my iPhone
>> 4??
>
> doesn't mention cutting, but it does mention getting hold of a micro-sim
>
> http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/64248-official-iphone-4-faqs/

Ah - Ok - thanx - I will ring and see if I can upgrade to the iPhone plan
before the end of my contract

From: R.Giskard Reventlov on

> "IanM" <nospam(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nospam*@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Ok so I have ordered a SIM free iPhone 4 (and a bumper!)
>>>
>>> I have a contract with Vodafone that does not run out till December.
>>>
>>> As the iPhone 4 uses a Micro SIM and I want to use it on my Vodafone
>>> account the option I have it to cut the SIM to fit.
>>> I have got from Amazon a SIM cutter and after testing it on a few PAYG
>>> SIMs I had around I am happy it would work with my contract SIM.
>>>
>>> The question is will Vodafone mind if I cut the SIM to fit in my iPhone
>>> 4??
>>
>> doesn't mention cutting, but it does mention getting hold of a micro-sim
>>
>> http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/64248-official-iphone-4-faqs/
>>

> Ah - Ok - thanx - I will ring and see if I can upgrade to the iPhone plan
> before the end of my contract

Hmmm - the answer was I need to go into a Vodafone shop and ask them in
store
I think I will try the SIM cutting first

From: JL on
On 7 July, 13:16, "R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nosp...(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:
> "R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nosp...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> > "IanM" <nos...(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> >> "R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nosp...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> >> doesn't mention cutting, but it does mention getting hold of a micro-sim
>
> >>http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/64248-official-iphone-4-faqs/
>
> > Ah - Ok - thanx - I will ring and see if I can upgrade to the iPhone plan
> > before the end of my contract
>
> Hmmm - the answer was I need to go into a Vodafone shop and ask them in
> store
> I think I will try the SIM cutting first

If it all goes wrong pretend it no longer works or something and
they'll replace it free of charge (with a normal SIM that is!) Don't
say you tried cutting it though!