From: news.eternal-september.org on
Is there a relatively simple way to track the location of a mobile phone in
the UK? Ideally free, obviously, but low-cost would be useful.

The phone isn't particularly sophisticated (it belongs to my son) but it
would be useful to know where he is.

Many thanks.

From: White Spirit on
On 07/07/2010 13:56, news.eternal-september.org wrote:

> Is there a relatively simple way to track the location of a mobile phone
> in the UK? Ideally free, obviously, but low-cost would be useful.

> The phone isn't particularly sophisticated (it belongs to my son) but it
> would be useful to know where he is.

Without GPS, you won't get much accuracy. There are applications
available to provide location information but it depends on the handset...

From: Thomas Kenyon on
On 7/7/10 14:04, White Spirit wrote:
> On 07/07/2010 13:56, news.eternal-september.org wrote:
>
>> Is there a relatively simple way to track the location of a mobile phone
>> in the UK? Ideally free, obviously, but low-cost would be useful.
>
>> The phone isn't particularly sophisticated (it belongs to my son) but it
>> would be useful to know where he is.
>
> Without GPS, you won't get much accuracy. There are applications
> available to provide location information but it depends on the handset...

So long as he is on either O2, Vodafone, Orange & T-mobile, 192.com and
verilocation.com offer mobile tracking services.
From: Bob Eager on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:56:31 +0100, news.eternal-september.org wrote:

> Is there a relatively simple way to track the location of a mobile phone
> in the UK? Ideally free, obviously, but low-cost would be useful.
>
> The phone isn't particularly sophisticated (it belongs to my son) but it
> would be useful to know where he is.

If it has web access, he can install Google Latitude. Not that accurate,
but good enough in most cases (the circle of uncertainty varies in size
depending location). I can track him well enough for my purposes.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

From: Whiskers on
On 2010-07-07, news.eternal-september.org <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Is there a relatively simple way to track the location of a mobile phone in
> the UK? Ideally free, obviously, but low-cost would be useful.
>
> The phone isn't particularly sophisticated (it belongs to my son) but it
> would be useful to know where he is.
>
> Many thanks.

Shop around :))
<http://uk.ask.com/web?q=mobile+phone+location&dm=ctry&qsrc=19&o=312&l=dir>