From: Antti on
On Feb 17, 9:47 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 9:10 pm, Antti <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > Win7 isn't a supported OS for ISE tools and it is not listed in the
> > > table.
>
> > > The tools may work under some conditions, but they likely will not
> > > under all conditions as your co-worker found out.
>
> > > Ed McGettigan
> > > --
> > > Xilinx Inc.
>
> > Hi
>
> > and thanks for clarification, I could not belive the table to be
> > accurate
> > as of today everybody DOES support w7 already ;) ok maybe not
> > all companies do, but most other software does run nicely on w7
>
> > Antti- Hide quoted text -

> ISE 11.1 was released in April while Windows 7 wasn't released until
> October.
>
> While smaller companies and academia tend to move faster with Windows
> OS upgrades as the tend to use the OS sold with the PC/Laptop larger
> companies in constrast don't rapidly upgrade the OS and prefer to stay
> with older, stable versions.
>
> A quick survey of other EDA tools shows
>
> Synopsys Synplify Pro - Win XP, Win Vista, Linux, Solaris
> Mentor ModelSim PE - Win XP, Win Vista (32)
> Mentor ModelSim SE - Win XP, Win Vista (32), Linux (32)
> Mentor ModelSim DE - Win XP, Win Vista (32/64), Linux (32/64), Solaris
> (32/64)
> Altera Quatrus II 9.1 - Win XP, Win Vista, Red Hat 4/5, Suse 9/10,
> CentOS 4/5
> Lattice ispLever - Win 2K, Win XP, Win Vista (32), Red hat 3/4, Suse
> 10, Solaris 2.8/10
> Actel Libero - Win XP, Win Vista, Red Hat WS 4/5.2
>
> Ed McGettigan
> --
> Xilinx Inc.

We already have 11.4 tools

ok, the situation is not that bad, EDK 11.3 failed on W7/64
but worked somewhat on W7/32 (after some tweaking)
we still may need another vista machine as the client reqests EDK 10.x

Antti

From: Antti on
On Feb 17, 9:47 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 9:10 pm, Antti <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > Win7 isn't a supported OS for ISE tools and it is not listed in the
> > > table.
>
> > > The tools may work under some conditions, but they likely will not
> > > under all conditions as your co-worker found out.
>
> > > Ed McGettigan
> > > --
> > > Xilinx Inc.
>
> > Hi
>
> > and thanks for clarification, I could not belive the table to be
> > accurate
> > as of today everybody DOES support w7 already ;) ok maybe not
> > all companies do, but most other software does run nicely on w7
>
> > Antti- Hide quoted text -

> ISE 11.1 was released in April while Windows 7 wasn't released until
> October.
>
> While smaller companies and academia tend to move faster with Windows
> OS upgrades as the tend to use the OS sold with the PC/Laptop larger
> companies in constrast don't rapidly upgrade the OS and prefer to stay
> with older, stable versions.
>
> A quick survey of other EDA tools shows
>
> Synopsys Synplify Pro - Win XP, Win Vista, Linux, Solaris
> Mentor ModelSim PE - Win XP, Win Vista (32)
> Mentor ModelSim SE - Win XP, Win Vista (32), Linux (32)
> Mentor ModelSim DE - Win XP, Win Vista (32/64), Linux (32/64), Solaris
> (32/64)
> Altera Quatrus II 9.1 - Win XP, Win Vista, Red Hat 4/5, Suse 9/10,
> CentOS 4/5
> Lattice ispLever - Win 2K, Win XP, Win Vista (32), Red hat 3/4, Suse
> 10, Solaris 2.8/10
> Actel Libero - Win XP, Win Vista, Red Hat WS 4/5.2
>
> Ed McGettigan
> --
> Xilinx Inc.

EASY ;)

actually to the final surprise EDK 10.x worked well on Win7/32

so it ended up ok, no need to buy old PC's to run 10.x versions of the
tools

Antti

From: Maik H. on
Am 17.02.2010 08:47, schrieb Ed McGettigan:
> On Feb 16, 9:10 pm, Antti <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Win7 isn't a supported OS for ISE tools and it is not listed in the
>>> table.
>>
>>> The tools may work under some conditions, but they likely will not
>>> under all conditions as your co-worker found out.
>>
>>> Ed McGettigan
>>> --
>>> Xilinx Inc.
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> and thanks for clarification, I could not belive the table to be
>> accurate
>> as of today everybody DOES support w7 already ;) ok maybe not
>> all companies do, but most other software does run nicely on w7
>>
>> Antti- Hide quoted text -

> ISE 11.1 was released in April while Windows 7 wasn't released until
> October.
>
> While smaller companies and academia tend to move faster with Windows
> OS upgrades as the tend to use the OS sold with the PC/Laptop larger
> companies in constrast don't rapidly upgrade the OS and prefer to stay
> with older, stable versions.
>
> A quick survey of other EDA tools shows
>
> Synopsys Synplify Pro - Win XP, Win Vista, Linux, Solaris
> Mentor ModelSim PE - Win XP, Win Vista (32)
> Mentor ModelSim SE - Win XP, Win Vista (32), Linux (32)
> Mentor ModelSim DE - Win XP, Win Vista (32/64), Linux (32/64), Solaris
> (32/64)
> Altera Quatrus II 9.1 - Win XP, Win Vista, Red Hat 4/5, Suse 9/10,
> CentOS 4/5
> Lattice ispLever - Win 2K, Win XP, Win Vista (32), Red hat 3/4, Suse
> 10, Solaris 2.8/10
> Actel Libero - Win XP, Win Vista, Red Hat WS 4/5.2
>
> Ed McGettigan
> --
> Xilinx Inc.

Hi,
since there is no native Win7 support in the 11.x toolchain, will it be
in 12.x? If so, could you please give us a rough periode when it will be
released?

--

Regards,
Maik