From: motty on
I am simulating an EDK MicroBlaze embedded system using NC-Sim.
Whenever I open a waveform window and try to simulate I get errors.
Here they are:

ncsim: *E,SST2ER: SST2 interface error: Permission denied.
ncsim: *E,NOSHMO: cannot open SHM database file 'waves.shm'.

So it seems I cannot create or modify a database. However, the
simulation will run and display waveforms. Here is the script I am
running to compile/elaborate/call the sim:

# Compile testbench and project netlist
sh system.sh

#compile the testfixture
ncvlog -update -work work testfixture.v

# Elaborate
ncelab -update testfixture glbl -timescale 1ns/1ns -access +RWC

# Launch the simulator
ncsim -gui testfixture:v

As you can see, I have the acess set to +RWC, which should give me all
the permission I need. I do NOT know what this is affecting really.

My next problem is that it takes our system ~18,000,000,000ps to run
all the initialization stuff. I don't care about any of this. I
really would like to START simulating after all the init. Is there a
way to do this? I know you can save a "Checkpoint", but I think I am
having trouble doing so because of the previous errors.

Thanks!!

Pages: 1
Prev: IP2IP_Addr in IPIF
Next: ModelSim Licence problem